Sunday, April 17, 2011

"The Deepest Waters" Book Review


THE DEEPEST WATERS
by
DAN WALSH

What began as a fairytale honeymoon in 1857 for John and Laura Foster aboard the steamship SS Vandervere becomes a nightmare when a hurricane causes their ship to sink into the murky depths of the Atlantic. Laura finds herself with the other women and children aboard a sailing ship while John and a hundred other men drift on the open sea on anything they could grab as the Vandervere went down. Suspecting her John is gone but still daring to hope for a miracle, Laura must face the possibility of life alone--and meeting her new in-laws without their son if she ever reaches New York.

MY REVIEW:
Historical fiction inspired by a true story, Dan Walsh knew a good story when he heard about this particular bit of history and he was right. But for him to take that and turn it into an absolutely amazing tale that kept me glued to the book - fantastic! I totally loved this book. Probably my favorite of the year as of right now. Fans of Nicholas Sparks and Karen Kingsbury will love this book - Dan builds rich characters and strong plot lines as he takes us on a ill fated voyage with John and Laura on their honeymoon. I can't even attempt to go into details because I don't want to give anything away. All I know is that I actually recommended this book to my sister-in-law for her book club, it would be perfect. And definitely a must read of 2011 for any reader!

Available April 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: