Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey

with Hcg (Part 3)

I have just finished my 2nd Round with Hcg and am in the process of going through Maintenance to stabilize. I started out at 199.7 lbs when I began on January 10th, I am currently working on stabilizing at 138.4 lbs. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 4 in 5 months. The Hcg diet has been the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time.

Let me re-state that the Hcg diet is not for the faint of heart - it takes will power and determination, but when followed correctly it is the most freeing diet I have ever done (and the most effective!)

Round 2 was easier in one aspect because I already knew what I was doing, having learned the ins and outs of the protocol while completing Round 1. So I didn't have to think as hard but it still took about a week to get back in the swing of things. I was concerned that the weight wouldn't come off as quickly on Round 2 but looking back on the completed Round I lost 30 lbs in the same time frame as the first round... about 40 days. I have trouble finding fault with those results. I plan on doing one last round when I finish up with this round of Maintenance in the middle of July. I have the last 12-15 lbs to lose and I figure at this point I am too close to my end goal to not reach it.

One thing I have learned during this round is that while it is vital to follow the VLCD protocol to a "T", it is equally important to follow the Maintenance exactly as specified. I made the mistake of going on a long awaited vacation with my husband (the vacation was not a mistake, but the timing certainly was) while still in the first week of Maintenance. I was not as structured on doing what I was supposed as I should have been and thus I have been having a heckuva time stabilizing. I have had more steak days than I ever thought possible and I am still not out of week 1 of Maintenance. I told my mom yesterday that when I finish my last round and enter Maintenance for the last time I will not be leaving the house for the first 2 weeks of it in order to make sure that I don't have this trouble next time. The vacation was fantastic, but I do regret not being more diligent while out of town. I am hoping that I can still rectify the situation but I have a funny feeling that the only way to do that will be to go to "clean eating" for 3 or 4 days in a row (clean eating is protein and veggies only - I will have to give up my fruits and I will miss them terribly) and then at that point I should be stable (fingers crossed). In order to do so I will make a trip to the store to stock up on veggies and meat.

I say all this to say, everyone makes mistakes and messes up at some point but the Hcg diet is not to blame. The only reason I am having issues right now is my own weakness while on vacation. The end result is that I am still at 138-140 lbs and I look great in a size 4 (smaller than I was when I got married almost 16 years ago). My 14 1/2 year old daughter wears a size 2 and I wear a size 4...really??? Isn't that crazy? My secret weapon is still and will remain the website that I ordered my product from and their customer support system. Check them out at
http://www.myhcgplus.com/a/5920 or click on the picture below to go straight there.
Fast, safe, long-term weight loss with HCG drops!

3 comments:

Pam Hillman said...

Janna! Wow! I didn't know you wer on the hCG diet. You look amazing. ACFW is going to ROCK this year! lol

Laura Frantz said...

Janna, You look beautiful! But I thought you were lovely before as your spirit just shines through. I'm losing right along with you, my friend, and our goal weight is the same. I admire you so much! Can't wait to hug that skinny frame of yours at ACFW;)

Ronie Kendig said...

Girl, you are such an inspiration. You've always been beautiful, but WOWZERS! You look fantastic!!