Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life this week...


Monday our youngest daughter, Paige got her first pair of glasses - she looks so cute!



















Yesterday I helped my oldest daughter, Sarah, celebrate her 13th birthday. I am now officially the mother of a teenager - really??? Am I that old? Of course I had just turned 21 when she was born, but still... I love it though!










Today I am celebrating my 14th anniversary, sans husband. He got sent to Cinncinati this week for a life insurance conference and while he has been learning a lot, he has missed 3 big milestones. So we wished each other a happy anniversary over the phone a couple hours ago and we'll go out to dinner and a movie Friday night (the Time Traveler's Wife!) I don't know how some of the amazing single parents I know manage so well. I am missing my husband a lot this week. This is the only anniversary we've ever spent apart and we've had some doozies...

Anniversay #1 - in the hospital after having our baby girl Sarah the day before

Anniversary #2 - went to dinner and both got food poisoning... proceeded to puke our guts out repeatedly for 24 hours (I was pregnant with Philip at the time)

Anniversary #3 - decided to play it low-key as we did not want a repeat of #2!

So on and so forth... #14 might be lonely, but I'm still blessed to be celebrating 14 wonderful years! And my daddy brought me flowers since my hubby wasn't home (aahhh!)

3 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

happy Anniversay. that is so sweet of your dad. Wow 13 they grow up so fast. Today is my oldest first day of high school.

Winning Readings said...

Happy anniversary! We just celebrated #15 here...

Pamela J said...

It can be REALLY hard to miss being together on an anniversary!! I'm sad for you two that you missed this one. Our past ones have been pretty uneventful compared to yours: we go to dinner or movie or something special but not all the extra things that COULD have happened. For that we are grateful. Now this year, our 34th on the 7th of this month, was OUR first anniversary to be apart. We have, since he got home, taken a pleasurable motorcycle ride to a town an hour away, had a leisure pizza lunch and walk in the park there, and came home to watch a movie we had only seen one other time. A bowl of ice cream topped our evening off. That was two days ago now and all is well so no great mishaps this year either.

I hope you have MANY more anniversaries with bliss but not bloopers and that this upcoming year is filled with lives that give glory to God.

GREAT pictures of your girls!

Pam Williams