Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"The Bishop" Book Review



THE BISHOP
BY
STEVEN JAMES


FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers's cutting-edge 21st-century geospatial investigative techniques and impeccable logic have helped him track some of the country's most grisly killers. But those skills are pushed to the limit in this new installment of the highly-acclaimed, award-winning The Bowers Files series.This time it's a congressman's daughter who is found dead even as her killers launch a spree of perfect murders in the Northeast. With nothing to link the crimes to each other, Agent Bowers faces his most difficult case yet--even as his personal life begins to crumble around him.

The Bishop is now available through Revell publishing.
Special thanks to Donna Hausler and Revell for my review copy of this book.

MY REVIEW:
I was blown away last year when I read THE KNIGHT by Steven James and have been looking forward this book since then. Of course by the time I started reading it I had read over 200 other books so I was a little hazy on the details. Not to worry, Steven does a great job of bringing it all right back and more. I suddenly remembered why I loved the THE KNIGHT so much - Steven James is a brilliant writer! His characters explode off the page while his storylines are unbelievably believable and the suspense and tension in the books are amazingly gripping. I settled in for this really long book to take me all weekend - I finished it in a 24 hour time frame, I couldn't put it down. His books are not for the faint hearted, there is a distinct Ted Dekker feel to some of the more descriptive scenes, while his subject matter can be very intellectual, in this book there is a lot on primate research and stuff like that. I was thoroughly engrossed in this book from start to finish and was sorry to see it finish. The good news, there will be more Patrick Bowers. The bad news, not until 2011.

Check out the FaceBook launch party Wednesday evening - click below...

Steven James Launch Party!


No comments: