Saturday, August 21, 2010

"His Princess - Girl Talk with God" Book Review


HIS PRINCESS GIRL TALK WITH GOD (Love Letters & Devotions for Young Women) BY SHERI ROSE SHEPHERD


Do the teen girls you know think they're beautiful, smart, special? Probably not! Shepherd's message from their heavenly Father reassures young women of God's devotion to them---no matter who they are, what they look like, or what others say about them. A beautiful gift filled with Scripture, prayers, and the promise of unconditional love.

MY REVIEW:
I actually got this book for my daughter, Sarah (she turned 14 this week). I gave it to her and she just finished the 40 days of devotionals in it. I asked her what she thought and these were her responses...

• I actually understood it.
• The stories each day were true stories about her life, that was cool.
• Each day had a letter to me from God and I knew that she might have typed it but it was things that God wanted me to read.
• The Bible verse each day made a lot of sense to me because they were tied in with that day's story.
• If she wrote another one I would want to get it too.

I also wanted to point out that Sarah read each day's devotion and then posted the Bible verse on her Facebook page. We had a friend of mine tell us that she was following Sarah's daily verses, even though she doesn't go to church she was enjoying seeing what verse Sarah posted each day. I thought that was a great witness to Sarah that little things can make a difference. I was very impressed by how much Sarah enjoyed this devotional book. I'm looking forward to finding more like it for her now that she has shown the dedication to read this one!

This book is now available from Revell publishing. Special thanks to Donna Hausler and Revell publishing for my review copy.

No comments: