Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Masquerade Marriage" Book Review


MASQUERADE MARRIAGE
BY
ANNE GREENE


A SECRET LIST
To protect his loved ones and escape the dark fate of his brothers, a noted warrior abandons his identity. Hiding from relentless soldiers who want him dead, Brody MacCaulay vows to protect the woman he loves more than life, more than freedom, more than Scotland. But his presence throws her into danger.

A VOW HONORED
To escape an arranged marriage to an abusive noble, a Lowland Lady weds a stranger to save his life. But vows spoken do not make a marriage, especially when Megan MacMurry holds a different love inside her heart.

A SACRIFICE MADE
Outlawed, and with a price on his head, Brody condemns himself to a life of heartbreak without Megan. Wanting her desperately, knowing he can't have her, he heads alone to certain death...

MY REVIEW:

This book was an amazing surprise to me - I loved it! It took me back in time to 1746 in Scotland and transported me to a place where Scotland and England were at war and sadly, Scotland was losing. After a brutal massacre there are few Scotsman left and they are injured and in hiding. If the English find them they will be killed and one priest has an idea to save one man. A woman with a broken heart has agreed to marry one man to save him from the English, those willing to get married in order to be spared write their names on a list. She then chooses her husband from that list and then the charade begins...

I was riveted by this book and it reminded me of another book that I enjoyed tremendously ("Brigid of Ireland" by Cindy Thompson) and everything that I liked about that book. Settings, characters and even the language and clothing of those times that made the story come alive. I was sad when this book ended but very satisfied in the ending. I look forward to seeing more from Anne Greene.




No comments: