Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Christmas S.O.C.C.E.R. musical vs. The Sound of Music



Our church had its Children's Christmas Musical this weekend - 3 performances (1 Saturday night and 2 Sunday morning) and it was kind of crazy! You see, I played Grandma Gertie in it (yes, I'm 33 years old, but man, do I make a good grandma!) and Sarah played a soccer player named Taylor and Philip was a soccer player named Riley, Chloe sang a solo and Stephen sang his heart out in the choir. Paige sang a song in the Saturday night performance, slept through the 1st Sunday show and went home with Daddy for the 3rd show :-) Why were soccer players in a Christmas musical you ask? Well, that is because the musical was all about a S.O.C.C.E.R. team and its tryouts. Of course S.O.C.C.E.R. stands for - Society Of Christmas Carolers Emergency Rescue and is about a group of old people that are trying to recruit young people to learn the old carols. It is actually a really clever musical that mixed some great carols with wonderful new music. Everyone said it was the best musical yet (they say that every year :-) and I just happened to be the comic relief - just ask my brother Josh, apparently he had some nice comments to make when I was performing, or so my sister-in-law informed me! I almost forgot how much I used to love performing in musicals... its been awhile! When I was 16 I was in The Sound Of Music at our Community Playhouse - I played Liesl, the oldest daughter. I loved doing that! And at the 3rd performance we had today at church, one of the ladies that was in The Sound of Music with me (17 years ago) was in the audience watching. I got to talk to her afterwards - how fun! My husband didn't get a good picture of me in the musical this weekend so I decided to upload a couple pictures from my Sound of Music days (I looked better then anyway!

No comments: