Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ACFW Excitement!

I had the honor and privilege of going to the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) Conference this last week. I got home yesterday but was still processing everything that happened while I was there. Most of the time I was tucked away in the bookstore as I was the head volunteer for that endeavor while we were there. I thrive on that kind of thing so I totally enjoyed it. I was able to meet so many of my favorite authors and get pictures with quite a few of them so those will be showing up in the future as I post reviews about their books. There was a definite highlight while we were there though that I need to share now...

My sister, Cara Putman, was a finalist for ACFW Book of the Year in the Short Historical Novel category for her first book Canteen Dreams. Mom and I were at the banquet when it was announced that SHE WON!!!! It was so amazing! She got to make an acceptance speech and has a plaque and it is truly awesome - I mean I knew it was an incredible book, but it's nice to know that the judges agree with me :-)

Here she is with her award...


She stated in her speech, "There is nothing more exciting than sharing this with my mom and sister (that's me and she means sharing the experience of winning not the actual award :-). Most of you know I was homeschooled and I learned how to write from my mom and so "Mom, thank you for everything."

Can I just say that I have the coolest sister?!? No, no, no, go ahead and argue with me. You might think you do, but really, I do. Enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Cara!! I didn't realize you guys were homeschooled. As a fellow homeschool graduate I think that is just great. :-)