Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Poor, poor homeschool moms :-(


One question/comment that is (sadly more common than not) is:

  • As phrased by Ann - Don't you ever want a break from your kids???!!! I'd go nuts being with them all day. (how sad)
  • As phrased by Carla - "When do you have time for yourself?" ---never quite understood that question
Isn't it sad that as a mother I choose to want to have my children with my daily because I love, cherish and adore them (yes, they can frustrate me at times - after all I'm their mother, not Mother Teresa :-) I want to have them with me to nurture them, and I certainly don't want them spending 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with some person I don't know as the authority in their lives. But yes, I am human and I get the urge to have a few moments to myself or some adult conversation with someone above the age of 11.

So as a homeschooling mom I do what most regular woman do... I run errands by myself for moments of peace, I lock myself in a room and chat on the phone with a friend for moments of clarity, I log online and browse the net - blogging and e-mailing for moments of escape. And then I walk back in the door and my kids scream, "Mommy's home!" And they run to tackle me with hugs and kisses - ah, absence does make the heart grow fonder, but not too much absence!

No comments: