Monday, December 17, 2007

Shaunti Feldhahn Fiction



I just finished reading "The Veritas Conflict" and "The Lights of Tenth Street" by Shaunti Feldhahn. Most of you may know her better as the author of "For Women Only" and "For Men Only", but first she published these two Spiritual Warfare fiction books. I read them back to back not realizing that they are actually connected somewhat because some of the characters from The Veritas Conflict are characters in The Lights of Tenth Street. I just have to say that I've not read such great fictional spiritual warfare books since Frank Peretti's "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing The Darkness". But as much as I love those 2 books, I think these may have just jumped ahead in my mind. Shaunti does a great job detailing the battle going on behind the scenes between angels and demons but is careful to keep first and foremost that angels are reliant on the prayers of Christians to be able to do their work and demons must have permission from humans in order to lay claim to them. We refer to that at our church as open doorways, the demons come in through a doorway we opened and until we renounce them, they have legal right to be there. You know, that whole pesky human will thing. So for a really well written and suspenseful look at spiritual warfare, I highly recommend these two books. "The Veritas Conflict" probably would have made one of my Top 7 Lists of 2007 if I had read them sooner...

1 comment:

Pamela J said...

My husband and I both read together the Frank Peretti books. These sound like something we would sit down together and read also. Thanks for sharing about them.
cepjwms at yahoo dot com