Considering in this same span of time I:
Took care of my 5 children
Found out we are having a 6th
Got my Christian dance studio through the Fall session
Had our Christmas Dance shows Dec 10th and 11th
Helped with the Christmas Musical at our church that all 5 kids were in My MIL (who lives with us) had a heart attack the Saturday after Thanksgiving and she is now recovering
So things were pretty hectic around here and even though I would've loved to have said I finished - I may have been a bit optimistic in what I thought I could get done :-) The best thing about this challenge for me is that it kept me on track with the books I initially wanted to get read - normally as I received a new book all of the others would have gotten pushed to the back and I would've read the new one. But even though I have a huge stack ready for me to dive into now that this is finished, I stayed on the straight and narrow!
Read my thoughts about the books I did finish below and then check back Dec 26-Jan 1 to see if any of these books made it on my Top 7 of 2007 lists - thanks!
It's fall and time for another reading challenge from Callapidder Days. So far there are over 250 (I'm #320!) people participating in the challenge. Click on the link to go to a list. There are some great reads on there.
Reading Challenge! I love the word challenge and I have seen different bloggers with their Callapidder Days Fall Into Reading 2007 challenge lists... so I figured it was time to post mine. I'll divide it into different categories so its easier to follow. I'm starting a little late, so I'll keep it updated and we'll see how many I have left at the end of December =)
- What A Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck ****
- Split Ends by Kristin Billerbeck**** Fun and enjoyable
- Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson ***** Totally loved it!
- One Shenandoah Winter by T. Davis Bunn ***** Made me cry!
- Autumn Encore by Jane Peart*** This was a good book that I read in 1 sitting!
- The Redemption by M.L. Tyndall**** Loved this one and can't wait to read the next ones!
- Sushi For One by Camy Tang**** This was such a fun book can't wait for Uni
- As I Have Loved You by Nikki Arana***** It is not very often that you read a book that makes you want to turn over a new leaf and be a better person to those around you. I highly recommend this book!
- Promises Broken, Promises Kept by Janet Q. Bedley**** Great book based on an actual Civil War soldier's diaries - really good!
- The Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldhahn***** Excellent! An updated "This Present Darkness" - absolutely LOVED it!
- The Lights of Tenth Street by Shaunti Feldhahn**** Great follow-up to The Veritas Conflict
- The Waiting by Mark A. Rempel**** Great spin on the prodigal son!
- The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers**** Very good!
- And The Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers**** This book was excellent!
- Unveiled (Tamar) by Francine Rivers****
- Unashamed (Rahab) by Francine Rivers****
- Dawn of Liberty (4th in the Secret of the Rose Series) by Michael Phillips*** Great end to the series but I think books 2 & 3 were my favorites :-)
- The Minor Protection Act by Jodi Cowles***** One of the best reads of the year for me!
- The Power of Love by Margaret Daley****
- Sadie's Hero by Margaret Daley****
- Light in the Storm by Margaret Daley**** I love Margaret's writings!
- Under Cover of Darkness by Elizabeth White**** So good I'm ordering her others in the Texas Gatekeeper Series
- Lambert's Code by Rachel Hauck**** Phenomenal book that every married person should read!
- Pirate's Prize by Lena Nelson Dooley****Very good - loved the setting and situations!
- Gerda's Lawman by Lena Nelson Dooley**** Beautiful story and characters
- The Parting by Beverly Lewis**** Was good - looking forward to book #2
- Canteen Dreams by Cara Putman****This was such a good book - took place 5 blocks from where I live too!
- She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
- The Amber Photograph by Penelope J. Stokes - I stand corrected - this should be listed under Christian Fiction - oops!****Really touching story I ordered more of her books after reading this one!
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold*** This was a really unique book - written from the viewpoint of a 14 year girl that had just been murdered and finds herself in heaven and her watching what happens on earth in the following years. Good, but it had lots of non-Christian elements that I could have done without.
- Romancing Your Child's Heart by Monte Swan
- Eat & Stay Thin by Joyce Meyers *** Good info on the emotional reasons we struggle with weight.
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- Then Sings My Soul (150 of the world's greatest hymn stories) by Robert J. Morgan
- My Heart's Cry by Anne Graham Lotz
- Becoming A Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald
- Christian Unschooling by Teri J. Brown**** Great information
- What's A Girl To Do? by Janet L. Folger*** Good book for single ladies
- Soaring On Eagle's Wings by Regina Hanson**** True story of her faith through trials and getting her leg amputated - very good
- The Dream Giver for Couples by Bruce Wilkinson****